Skip to content
Frozen copy retrieved 2026-08-17T19:00:28Z for audit 2026-08-17T22-24-04Z. Original URL:
https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/iran-news/article-905771. The Stochastic Parrot does not host or redistribute; this snapshot exists solely so that quoted spans remain verifiable if the original page changes. Character offsets below index into this plain text; highlighted spans are the quotes cited in the audit.
Trump confirms IRGC backchannel, threatens to 'bomb the s***' out of Oman if it 'gets in the way'
US President Donald Trump confirmed to FOX News on Monday that there is a backchannel with Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) officials, as the 60-day period in the Memorandum of Understanding expired.
Trump added that Iran should raise "the white flag of surrender," and that he has "no time schedule" and is in "no hurry" to make a deal. The Iranian's are "good poker players, but they're dying," said Trump.
He also warned that "if Oman gets in the way [of US control in the Strait of Hormuz], we'll bomb the s*** out of them."
Regarding US munitions used against Iran, Trump said that what has been used so far against Iran "is peanuts."
In a subsequent post on Truth Social on Monday, Trump reiterated, "The number one Goal is, and always will be, that Iran cannot have, in any way, shape, or form, a Nuclear Weapon."
Following Trump's comments to Fox News, a senior Iranian official told Reuters that Iran will escalate tensions in the Strait of Hormuz and wider region if diplomacy with the US fails, pointing to an Iranian policy shift relying on offense rather than defense.
Later on Monday, Trump told reporters that Iran would not make the type of deal with the US that he thought was necessary. The US is not seeking an extension of the memorandum of understanding with Iran, the president added.